To serve 4 persons
|Melam Kerala Sambar Masala||11/2 tbsp|
|Vegetables (Drumstick, Ladies finger, Ash gourd, Onion, Potatoes, Tomatoes)||250g|
|Tamarind||Size of a lime|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp |
|Curry leaves few|
|Whole Red Chilli||2 nos |
• Cook Tur Dal. Clean and cut vegetables and cook with the Dal.
• Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup water and take out the pulp.
• Add Melam Kerala Sambar Masala mixed with little water to the cooked dal and vegetables.
• Then add tamarind pulp, enough water, salt and bring to boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
• Heat oil and add mustard seeds.
• Let it splutter, then add curry leaves and broken red chillies and pour over the Sambar.